We offer uncompromised comfort, durability, and fit. The following sock size guide will help you find your perfect sock sized based on your shoe size, from extra small to extra large. Or this quiz.
Men's / Unisex Size Chart
|Sock Size||Men US||Women US*||Euro||UK|
Women's Size Chart
|Sock Size||Women US||Men US*||Euro||UK|
*Our men's-sized sock styles tend to reach a bit higher on the leg compared to the women's sock heights. Just FYI.
Kids' Size Chart
|Sock Size||Kids' US||Euro||UK|
Generally, your shoe size is a good indicator of what sock size you will fit. Darn Tough size charts (above) show the sock-shoe size conversion for our men's sock sizes and women's sock sizes, as well as for unisex and kids socks. If you need more help finding the perfect fitting socks, see our article on performance fit or contact our customer service team.
Sock heights are relatively universal. We admit we invented Micro Crew on our own. The below visuals can give you the general idea, and the sock lengths chart will help with specific measurements.
Sock Height by Inches
We measure from the heel to the cuff of the sock. A ruler or measuring tape can help you determine where the sock will reach on your leg, but results may vary based on your individual leg length.
|Sock Height||Men / Unisex||Women||Kids|
|No Show Hidden / No Show Invisible||2"||1.75"||—|
|No Show Socks / No Show Tab||3.5"||2.75"||—|
|1/4 (Quarter) Socks||5.5"||5.5"||4"|
|Micro Crew Socks||8.5"||7.5"||6"|
|Over-the-Calf / Knee High Socks||17"||16.25"||13"|
Cushion is a padding within the sock created by knit terry loops. The cushioning provides added protection in high impact areas, shock absorption, and extra warmth and comfort.
- No Cushion Socks: A thin knit with no lift from terry loops in the socks. Regardless of yarn weight, this is a thin sock.
- Cushion Socks: Terry loops underfoot and other areas of the sock, but does not wrap the foot. Our most popular, versatile cushion style.
- Full Cushion Socks: The terry loops run the entire length of the sock, or at least up to the cuff, for a full wrap of cushion around the foot and leg.
A few of our Ski & Snowboard socks feature targeted cushioning in the shin that is separate from the foot. In our Work socks category, we also carry socks specifically for steel-toe footwear with extended cushioning in the toe.
Yarn comes in weights, and while measured in microns, it can make a difference. What you might consider outdoor socks are midweight and higher. For categories like our running socks, skiing socks, and casual socks, ultra-lightweight and lightweight are standard.
- Ultra-lightweight Socks: The absolute lowest profile that is nearly a second skin. Even with cushion, these socks are sleek and silky smooth.
- Lightweight Socks: The most versatile weight found in practically every sock category. When accompanied with cushion, some consider this weight the most sublime combination we knit.
- Midweight Socks: With the outdoors in mind, this is where our hiking socks and ski socks made their name. More natural insulation, and so durable they are a thru-hiker staple.
- Heavyweight Socks: Our warmest socks. Always with cushion, if not a full cushion of terry loops, these usually have the highest Merino Wool content of any styles with maximum Merino benefits.