Darn Tough Vermont is an American manufacturer of premium, all-weather outdoor and lifestyle socks for every activity and every day. All of Darn Tough’s socks carry the industry’s only unconditional lifetime guarantee. Founded by Ric Cabot in 2004, a third generation sock maker, the Darn Tough Mission is simple—create the world’s best socks and stand behind them unconditionally.
Interested in joining our team in the sock capital of the world? We are always looking for talented people to join our team. Check below for current position openings, and forward your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
3rd Shift Technician
This individual, working on the Knitting Room Floor, is responsible for machine diagnosis and repair along with performing preventative maintenance.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the repair of all model knitting machines on the production floor.
- Works to maximize machine efficiencies and repair problems the first time and eliminates repetitive problems.
- Performs preventative maintenance to help insure machines run at 85% efficiency or better.
- Assists machine operators by answering questions, mentoring and minimizing machine downtime.
- Works well in a team environment and is willing to be a team leader and consensus builder.
- Responsible for keeping knitting machines clean and well maintained.
- Follows all safety procedures, wears protective equipment, when required, and keeps work area clean and organized.
- Follows attendance policy, arrives a few minutes early to receive hand off from previous shift and stays at work station during work hours.
- Hands-on knowledge and experience on production machinery in a manufacturing setting.
- High School diploma with preference given to candidates with a technical background.
Consumer Service Team Lead
We’re looking for a forward-thinking, world class Consumer Service Team Lead. This position requires someone who can provide and inspire legendary service with strong attention to detail. The CS Team Lead must be patient, creatively solve problems, and maintain a positive attitude at all times. This individual works closely with multiple teams to support our valued consumers on a day-to-day basis.
On a daily basis you will manage interactions with customers, including everything from daily order processing and product inquiries to sales returns and warranty claims. We would expect that you would become a product expert, able to assist/ guide our customers when needed. Responsibilities include leading a staff of 2-3 individuals covering phone calls, emails, live chat, warranty claims processing, reporting, performance analysis and general problem-solving.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with your team of 3-5 Service Representatives, the Ecomm Sales and Customer Service Directors to provide exceptional service across all customer interactions.
- Provide Service for sales through all Direct-to-Consumer channels, including Proform, Industry, Friends of Darn Tough, and Darn Tough Employees.
- Prioritize and delegate functions and tasks within your team to ensure prompt, professional responses to customer inquiries and needs.
- Administer Darn Tough’s Unconditional Lifetime Guarantee and the ongoing claims for replacements.
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve our internal processes and systems to improve customer satisfaction and brand loyalty.
- Manage resolutions to consumers’ sales returns and credit card refunds.
- Act as the interface between our Consumers and DTV’s Sales, Service and Logistics teams
- Handle all aspects of Direct-to-Consumer customer service inquiries from all channels, including phone, email, live chat, snail-mail, and customer service related interactions on social media.
- Continuously improve – serve as the Business Process Owner for all Direct-to-Consumer processes and seek improvements that will drive more customer satisfaction and efficiencies in time and resources.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Demonstrated attitude and commitment to providing exceptional customer service
- Ability to work independently, manage and prioritize multiple projects, be a team player, and be highly self-motivated
- Be able to adapt to an ever-changing work environment
- Knowledge of B2C transaction processing
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office – Excel, Word, Outlook
- Excellent people, verbal, math, and writing skills
- Exceptional creative problem solving skills
- Excellent relationship-building skills
- Strong analytical mindset with attention to detail
- Experience directing a team of co-workers
- Willingness to work occasional overtime and weekends as requested
- HS diploma, College Degree Preferred
- Minimum two years of customer service experience
Dealer Service Representative
The Dealer Service Representative has primary responsibility for providing customer service support for retail accounts, including order entry, credit checking, releasing orders, shipment inquiries, warranty claims and return authorizations. A wide degree of flexibility and multi-tasking is expected.
Responsibilities will include:
- Perform order entry tasks for all assigned customer accounts.
- Support customers and Sales Representatives regarding customer issues.
- Respond to customer inquiries regarding orders, ship dates, logistics, billing and other customer needs.
- Provide support for incoming telephone and email contacts, including consumer calls.
- Provide timely responses to customers via Email and telephone.
- Manage open order fulfillment.
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned by Manager.
- Understand and follow applicable company practices, policies and procedures.
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of management.
- Personal Computer knowledge required – software and web browsing experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite e.g. Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Access.
- Detail-oriented, energetic, highly organized and highly motivated.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize customer issues.
- Ability to work in a fast paced work environment.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.