Catch is a free payment method that allows you to pay for online purchases directly from your bank account or debit card and earn credit to use at DarnTough.com each time.
Earn 10% Darn Tough Vermont store credit when you pay with Catch.
We've partnered with Catch to offer you store credit on every purchase you pay by bank. You'll never be charged to use Catch, only earn money to use towards future purchases.
How Catch Works
- Pay securely from your bank account — kind of like Venmo.
- Earn 10% credit at Darn Tough Vermont's online store.
- Apply it to your next order, or gift it to a friend.
Shop our top-selling Hiker Micro Crew Sock for $25. Pay with Catch to earn $2.50 in store credit — plus an extra $10 if you're new to Catch. (That's $12.50 towards your next order.)
Then come back for the Sunset Ridge Micro Crew Sock for $23. Pay with Catch to redeem your $12.50 credit, or gift the credit to a friend. You'll also earn 10% store credit on your new order.
How do I sign up for Catch?
- Select Catch at checkout (it's in the last step). You'll be redirected to Catch to login or create an account.
- To create an account, you'll need to provide your phone number, name, and email, as well as link your bank account or debit card. Catch uses Plaid and Teller to link your bank in seconds — you've probably done this before if you have Venmo, Robinhood, or have filed your taxes online.
- If you already have a Catch account, just verify your phone number and pay.
Is Catch free?
Yes. Catch is free to use, no subscription needed.
How does the sign up bonus work?
If it's your first time using Catch, you'll get an extra $10 in store credit towards your next purchase in addition to the 10% credit.
Are there any restrictions on my Catch credits?
Your Darn Tough Vermont credits can only be redeemed online at DarnTough.com and must be used before they expire. To redeem, just pay with Catch again next time you're shopping with us.
You can't earn or redeem credits on gift card purchases. Other than that, no restrictions.
How will I redeem my credits?
Your credits will automatically be applied when you shop with us again and pay with Catch. You can also manage your credits at any time by logging into your Catch account.
If you'd like to share the love, simply select "share as gift" in your Catch account to gift your credit to a friend so they can use it towards something special on DarnTough.com (they must have or create a Catch account to redeem).
How does Catch make money?
Unlike other payment methods who take a cut of every transaction, Catch charges Darn Tough Vermont only when it drives value to our business. In other words, we pay Catch a small fee if and when you return to our site and redeem your Catch-earned store credit.
Catch was founded in 2020 by some people in San Francisco who wondered why we all use credit and debit cards when there's a better alternative for everyone (except the credit card companies and big banks). Catch's team hails from companies like Affirm, Google, Apple, and LinkedIn. You can learn more on Catch's website.