A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: The Alterra Socks for Life Giveaway Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") is open only to individuals who (a) are legal residents of the United States; (b) are at least 18 years old at the time of entry, and (c) sign up at the online sweepstakes page. Cabot Hosiery Mills, Inc., d/b/a Darn Tough Vermont (the "Sponsor") and their “Related Persons” (as defined below) are not eligible to participate.
“Socks for Life” means that each winner will receive seven (7) pairs of socks chosen by the winner from in-stock inventory at www.darntough.com, on a single occasion at the time of prize redemption, and thereafter the socks are protected under Sponsor’s Unconditionally Guaranteed for Life policy. Please see our policy for complete details.
Each winner’s first name and initial of their last name will be used by the Sponsor for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation to the winner. If you do not wish your first name and initial of your last name to be used, you are not eligible to participate in the Giveaway.
By participating in the Alterra Socks of Life Giveaway Sweepstakes, you agree to receive email newsletters periodically from Sponsor, but you can opt-out of receiving these email communications at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the newsletter.
- Agreement to Be Bound By these Rules: By participating in the Alterra Socks for Life Giveaway Sweepstakes, (a) you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth above; (b) you agree to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Rules and all decisions made by Sponsor relating to the Sweepstakes.
- Entry Period: Entries will be accepted online beginning on December 13, 2023 at 12:01 AM and ending on April 13, 2024, at 11:59 PM.
- How to Enter: The Sweepstakes must be entered by submitting an entry using the online form provided on this Website. To be eligible to win a prize, entrants must meet the eligibility requirements and fill out the entry form in its entirety, as specified in the online form. Entries that are not complete or do not adhere to these Rules may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Sponsor.
You may enter only once. You may not enter more times by using different e-mail addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent these Rules. If you attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Moreover, Sponsor has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Sweepstakes by voiding multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; or multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by sweepstakes rules; or that result from the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical or automated means for entering.
You are not guaranteed to win a prize and your chance of winning depends upon how many people submit valid entry forms.
- Prizes: There will be eight (8) winners, each chosen at random by Sponsor. Each winner will receive seven (7) pairs of socks chosen by the winner from in-stock inventory at www.darntough.com, on a single occasion at the time of prize redemption specified by Sponsor. Each of those socks, of course, are Unconditionally Guaranteed for Life, which is why this Sweepstakes is called “Socks for Life.” In other words, these are “Socks for Life” provided that you take advantage of our unconditional guarantee.
Note: The Guarantee does not cover socks that are destroyed or damaged by means other than actually wearing the socks. For example, damage from pets, insects, fire, or loss in the laundry are not covered.
The approximate retail value of all prizes is $150. The actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award.
Sponsor will bear the cost of shipping each winner’s prize to a single address within the United States (including Alaska, Hawaii, and APO/FPO addresses) via shipping method chosen by Sponsor.
No cash or other prize substitution is permitted. The prize is personal to the winner and may not be transferred to another person.
- Winner selection and notification: Winners will be selected in 4 random drawings under the supervision of Sponsor: January 18, February 18, March 18, and April 18. Sponsor will notify winners by e-mail to the e-mail address they provided when entering the Sweepstakes within five (5) days following the winner selection.
The winners’ first names and initial of last name will also be published on Sponsor’s website. However, if the selected winner does not meet the Sweepstakes eligibility requirements or cannot be contacted, or fails to claim the prize within 15 days from the date on which the award notification was sent, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner selected.
ANY VIOLATION OF THESE RULES BY ANY WINNER (AT SPONSOR'S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN THAT WINNER'S DISQUALIFICATION AS A WINNER OF THE SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL RIGHTS AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Rights Granted by You: By entering the Sweepstakes you understand that if you are a winner, Sponsor and its successors and assigns shall have the right without any further notice to you, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use your first name and the initial of your last name for trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes, without any compensation to you. Such right shall be worldwide and perpetual, and may be exercised in any medium and on any platform now or hereafter known.
- Reservation of Rights by Sponsor: Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Sweepstakes if a virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other causes beyond their control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In such case, Sponsor may, at its discretion, select the recipients from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or the www.darntough.com website, or violates these Rules.
- Limitation of Liability: You agree that:
(a) Neither Sponsor nor its Related Persons shall bear any liability for, and you hereby release Sponsor and its Related Persons from any liability whatsoever arising out of or related to your participation in the Sweepstakes, including but not limited to any failure to receive notice of winning, or the acceptance, possession, or use of the prize, whether arising from: (i) spam, junk e-mail, or other security settings, incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information, or technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware, software, or internet service; or (ii) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (iii) Sponsor’s negligence; or (iv) any other cause except willful misconduct on the part of Sponsor; and
(b) You will never bring any claim, action, or proceeding against Sponsor or its Related Persons, whether in a court or before an arbitral body, with respect to any of the circumstances described in Section 10(a) above.
- Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Sweepstakes is Darn Tough Vermont, 364 Whetstone Drive, Northfield, Vermont, 05663.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, associated with Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, TikTok, Pinterest, LinkedIn, or any other social media. In entering the Sweepstakes, you are providing information only to Sponsor.
- Disputes: The Alterra Socks of Life Giveaway Sweepstakes Rules (“Rules”), the Sweepstakes, and any dispute or controversy arising out of or related to the Rules or Sweepstakes (“Claims”) shall be governed by and construed, interpreted, and resolved in accordance with the laws of the State of Vermont without regard to its choice of law provisions; provided, however, that any procedural or substantive Claim conflicting with or falling under the exclusive jurisdiction of United States federal law shall be governed by, and construed, interpreted, and resolved in accordance with United States federal law without regard to its choice of law provisions. All Claims shall be submitted exclusively to the federal and state courts of competent jurisdiction located in Washington County, Vermont, and you and we hereby unconditionally and irrevocably consent and submit to such exclusive jurisdiction and venue, and waive any objection they may now or hereafter have with respect thereto.
“Related Persons,” who are ineligible to participate in the Alterra Socks of Life Giveaway Sweepstakes, means Sponsor’s directors, officers, employees, and contractors, and each of their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household, as well as Sponsor’s affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers, distributors, sales agents, and service providers, and each of their directors, officers, employees, contractors, and each of their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household.