Manager of Manufacturing Operations
Cabot Hosiery/DarnTough Vermont, a Northfield, VT based manufacturer and distributor of the nationally acclaimed Darn Tough brand of premium performance socks considered as one of the very best by the outdoor enthusiast market as well as the United States military, is looking for a dynamic and proven leader to manage our knitting and seaming manufacturing operations in a very fast paced environment of double digit sales growth that is driving fundamental changes to manufacturing operations, stringent quality demands, and large increases in both the number of SKU's and customers.
The successful candidate will have a track record of accomplishments that demonstrate skills and talent for:
- Develop long term staffing strategies.
- Improve production scheduling in conjunction with the Production Planner and Plant Manager.
- Improve efficiencies of Knitting and Seaming operations that result in lower production costs and greater productivity.
- Work with Quality Control and Sample departments to insure knitting quality
- Manage relationships between shifts and with other departments that will improve overall knitting efficiency and bring greater communication between departments.
- Develop and maintain a training/apprentice program.
- Responsible for meeting production goals in concert with the Plant Manager.
Candidates must have relevant experience and knowledge in a high volume, high SKU manufacturing setting, be a proven team builder who pulls disparate individuals together for a common purpose, experience implementing Lean Manufacturing techniques, and familiarity with ERP (enterprise resource planning) systems.
Does this fit your experience, accomplishments and drive to succeed with the best? If you are interested in applying please send your cover letter and resume to Rick Carey, HR Manager, P.O. Box 307, Northfield, VT 05663 or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Wages will be commensurate with relevant experience and we offer a very competitive benefits package.
Production Control Specialist
Primary job requirements
- Scanning of work center activity to update MRP a minimum of once per day
- Independent error identification, root cause analysis and correction (your own work as well as operational inputs to your work)
Secondary job requirements
- MRP item setup error identification, communication and correction
- MRP item maintenance (e.g. adjustments to forecasts, life cycles, planning methods, lead time requirements, safety stock levels, etc...)
- MRP work order maintenance
- Unique attention to detail and ability to audit own work
- Knowledge of and experience with the concepts captured in Lean Manufacturing
- Strong analytic ability
- Advanced working knowledge of MS Office with particular focus on its basic analytical tools (e.g. pivot tables, vlookups, conditional formatting, etc.)
Not an expert on MRP systems and how they work? No problem at all. We will train you how to use our newly implemented solution. Just bring a can do attitude, an attention to detail and an excitement for continuous process improvement and you will fit right in. Wages will be commensurate with relevant experience. We encourage promotion from within and offer a very competitive benefits package.
Please send cover letter and resume to Rick Carey, HR Manager, P.O. Box 307, Northfield, VT 05663 or e-mail it to email@example.com.
Cabot Hoisery Mills is an equal opportunity employer.