HELP US PRODUCE THE BEST SOCKS IN THE WORLD!
Darn Tough Vermont is an American manufacturer of premium, all-weather outdoor and lifestyle socks for every activity and every day. All of Darn Tough’s socks carry the industry’s only unconditional lifetime guarantee. Founded by Ric Cabot in 2004, a third generation sock maker, the Darn Tough Mission is simple – create the world’s best socks and stand behind them unconditionally.
The Purchasing Manager is a newly created position in response to Darn Tough’s rapid growth. The Purchasing Manager is responsible for sourcing, selecting and purchasing qualified production materials, services and supplies with the initial focus on yarn. Currently $ 7–8 million in yarn is purchased annually and we expect that to increase to 2 or 3 times more than what we currently purchase over the next 5 years. Negotiate supplier order quantities, pricing, terms and lead times. Analyze purchasing patterns and stock levels to ensure that material requirements for production are met. Provide reporting of pricing trends and supplier performance. The manager interacts closely with outside suppliers and internal departments to manage supplier relationships and to ensure the most effective and efficient vendor prices and practices are met. The role works within the guidelines and rules of Finance and Procurement to maintain fiscal standards, and to create training materials and participates in the training of new buyers and purchasers.
- Establish and implement overall purchasing strategy
- Develop long term and short term demand forecasts for raw goods (yarn)
- Work with scheduling, production planning and all involved parties to ensure inventory levels meet demand
- Create, issue, and maintain purchase orders
- Assure that the raw goods are delivered on schedule, at the negotiated price, and meet quality standards
- Participate in internal production planning and technical meetings to keep abreast of the company’s operational plans and objectives
- Identify and develop new sourcing opportunities, both domestic and international
- Serve as the key intermediary between vendors and a variety of internal contacts
- Negotiate prices and terms with vendors
- Generate supplier scorecards and conduct regular business reviews with suppliers to measure performance and drive improvements
- Resolve any AP issues to ensure prompt vendor payments
- Drive as much automation of the purchasing process as possible thru VMI, Kanban, stocking programs, etc.
- Supervise purchasing agent
- Support and help implement continuous process improvements
- Analyze and manage contracts and agreements
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 3+ years of purchasing experience, preferably in a manufacturing facility
- Demonstrated understanding of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) tools and Material Requirement Planning (MRP) structure, process, and outputs
- Highly proficient in Excel
- Demonstrated effective negotiation and problem solving skills
- Experience with Inventory forecast modeling and costing analysis
- Knowledge of Yarn Supply Chain a plus
- Dye process
- Spinning process
- Materials - wool, nylons, elastics, polyesters, acrylics, performance materials
Please e-mail cover letter and resume to email@example.com
At Darn Tough Vermont we are always looking for talented people to join our team.
Please forward your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org